Same story. Two Presentations.
Ruixuan and I worked together on the story of Icarus and Daedalus and interpreted it in two ways. One with limited technology (solely audio) and another way with the help of technology (mobile app through Figma).
- Make a 3 minutes piece limited to only audio, video or live.
- Must have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Must have a bombastic climax followed by a moment of slow motion or great stillness
- Must use the idea of “montage”
Listen and close your eyes.
- Iterate on Icarus again
- create “design fiction” - detailed storyboard, stage directions, user’s manual, engineering plans
- use tech in the service of the story, not the other way around
We decided to create a narrative from the father’s point of view. In order to make sure the user has control of the story to get more involved. We told them they are the father at the very beginning and we also warned them their decisions are crucial in saving the son Icarus.
Miro board brainstorming
We chose to create two options for each option and thread them in between. For more details, contact me for the miro board link.